Thursday, January 22, 2015

In sickness and in health

It's winter, right?  No...it's spring.  Wait, it's back in the 30's again today, but it was in the 60's this past weekend.  This season has been absolutely menopausal! 

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?  In Northwest Arkansas, it has been a roller coaster ride from one day to the next with the weather swinging on a pendulum...from one extreme to the other.  No wonder it's a season for sickness.  It has been that way in my house since everyone has battled some kind of sickness for the past several weeks.  It seems to be more allergy or virus related than the flu (that is throwing in one case of Strep), so for that I'm thankful; however, viruses take a while to kick since it needs to run its course...and trust me... it's ran an ultramarathon.  

My heart is heavy for a sweet 5 year old that died, in Oklahoma, from flu complications.  I cannot fathom the pain the family must feel and I pray that the Lord will give them peace and comfort that only HE can give!  It causes me to fall on my knees and give THANKS to Jesus for viruses that we CAN kick; for strep that heals WITH antibiotics; and for allergies that CAN be managed with medication.  Oh Lord...be with those who need healing beyond that which modern medicine cannot cure.  Let us not take that for granted!

As I am typing the sun just peaked behind a cloud...releasing some beautiful light into my husband's home office.  Behind every dark cloud there is light.  Is there a light behind your dark cloud?  Are you deep in the middle of a sick household, overwhelmed by anxiety that clinches your chest, clouded by a dark cloud that envelopes your very heart and soul?  I am SO grateful that HE is an ever present light in this very dark world!

John 8:12 (NIV) says:  When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."




No comments:

Post a Comment